Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIF)
Through all stages of life, your Credit Union is here to guide and encourage you. At Comtech Fire, we care about your future as much as you do. Once you’ve reached the point when it’s time to close out your RRSP, let your Credit Union be there to offer personalized advice and guide you through the process. Our financial advisors are here to help answer your questions and help you make informed financial decisions.
"Looking back over my long association with Comtech Fire, I want to make a point of mentioning how helpful and friendly the staff have always been to me, going out of their way to give personalized service. That's why I have maintained my Comtech Fire membership long into retirement. Comtech Fire is a very people-friendly place to invest your money. Staff members take the time to get to know you and care about you. I can honestly say that I get the same wonderful service at Comtech Fire today as I did 50 years ago!"
The government requires that you close out your RRSPs by December 31 of the year in which you turn 71. Three conversion options are available: a lump sum withdrawal from your RRSP, an annuity or a Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF). When making your choice, you will need to ensure adequate income to meet your retirement needs now and in the future, including lump-sum expenditures and unforeseen costs.
Choosing a Comtech Fire RRIF will enable you to have a continued but controlled tax deferral of your RRSP funds. With a variety of options available at your Credit Union, a RRIF is an attractive alternative that is more flexible and allows you to withdraw extra funds if unexpected needs arise.
- No set up or annual fee on deposit accounts
- We pay the transfer-in fee of $50 on a $5,000 RRIF
- We pay the transfer-in fee of $100 on a $20,000 RRIF
- We pay the transfer-in fee of $135 on a $50,000 RRIF
- Transfer out administration fee $135
- Fully insured by the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario for deposit accounts
- Offers flexibility and control over your retirement and investment options
- Planned, consistent withdrawals with remaining principal earning interest in a tax sheltered environment
- Wide range of investments available including savings accounts, term deposits and mutual funds*
- Income can be paid monthly, quarterly, or annually
- Unscheduled withdrawals are subject to a $25 administration fee
At Comtech Fire, we have licensed non-commissioned Mutual Funds Representatives* who will assist you in developing a comfortable retirement.
*Securities and securities related financial planning services are offered through Qtrade Advisor. Qtrade Investor and Qtrade Advisor are divisions of Qtrade Securities Inc., Member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Mutual funds are offered through Qtrade Asset Management Inc., Member MFDA.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed. Their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
* Stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other securities are not guaranteed or insured by DICO.